First T&DI Congress
Integrated Transportation & Development for a Better Tomorrow
***Authors have until January 31st, 2011 to register or their presentations will not be included in the proceedings. ***
March 13-16, 2011
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
Co-Chairs: Imad Al-Qadi, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE (University of Illinois) and Scott Murrell, P.E., M.ASCE (The Port Authority of NY&NJ)
The 15,000 member Transportation and Development Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers is pleased to announce its First Congress with the theme "Integrated Transportation and Development for a Better Tomorrow." The Congress program includes:
- An extensive technical program developed by scientific committees with over 90 members. It includes five concurrent paper/presentation tracks, a technical tour and pre-Congress workshops. There will be ample opportunity to earn professional development hours (PDHs) for registered professionals in meeting license continuing education requirements.
- An Institute awards banquet dinner, where achievement in transportation and development engineering will be recognized.
- Meetings of the Institute's committees. The state of practice, strategic initiatives and future activities are discussed during meetings. All T&DI members are welcome to attend.
The Congress will bring together transportation and development researchers, engineers, planners, designers, project managers, construction managers and contractors from around the world to discuss integrated strategies focusing on smart development and efficient multi-modal movement of people and goods to support the economic pulse of our nation and the world.
Please join us as an attendee, presenter, exhibitor, sponsor or cooperating organization. Be there for the "First"!
Congress Technical Tour:
Three guided technical tour options are available including:
- Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport Tour
View the airport’s operation up close as well as progress in the ongoing O’Hare Modernization Program.
Pre- Conference Professional Development Workshops:
Learning opportunities before the conference to enhance your knowledge of the planning, design, and construction of transportation projects. Workshops include:
- FAA PAVEAIR Pavement Evaluation and Maintenance Computer Program
In addition to opening and mid-conference plenaries, the conference offers over 175 presentations in five technical tracks:
- Transportation Operations & Safety
- Pavements and Transportation Materials
- Advanced Technologies and Infrastructure Systems
- Airport Planning & Design
- Smart Development and Sustainability