Upload your Power Point Presentation by April 26th. Login
220 - 1055 West Georgia Street
Phone: 604 678 4873
The 2008 STRUCTURES CONGRESS takes ASCE and SEI members north across the Canadian border into beautiful British Columbia and the vibrant city of Vancouver. Crossing the border has become business as usual for many of us in today’s structural engineering industry. Globalization is making international business and professional collaboration prime roads to success. Don’t get left behind. Whether you’re a practicing engineer, researcher, or academician, you’ll want to join us for this Congress to broaden your horizons and gain important insights from world leaders of the industry.
This Congress will offer you information from research and practice in more than 100 high-quality technical sessions including:
- Practical Design, focused on Structural Engineering, Research for Practitioners, and Codes and Standards
- Business and International Engineering
- State-of-the-Art Research
- 18th Analysis & Computation Specialty Conference
- CASE Spring Risk Management Convocation
This Congress will also offer you these opportunities:
- Pre-Congress Workshop – Wood Engineering Challenges in the New Millennium: Critical Research Needs
- 3 Pre-Congress Technical Seminars:
- Congress Plenary Presentation: “Science Education in the 21st Century: Using the Tools of Science to Teach Science” by 2001 Nobel Prize Recipient Dr. Carl Wieman
- Congress Banquet Keynote Speaker: Dan Doyle, Executive Vice President– Construction, Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC)
- An unprecedented opportunity to participate in technical programs presented by affiliate organizations: CASE, CSCE, IABSE, and IStructE. A highlight: Coverage of the Millau Viaduct, the highest vehicular bridge in the world, by its creator, Michel Virlogeux, D.Engr.
- Networking events, including the ASCE/SEI 2008 Structures Congress Banquet to honor IStructE’s Centenary.
We hope that you can join us in Vancouver!
Registration Now Open!
Click Here for Information on Hotel Accommodations
The Structural Engineering Institute is pleased to announce that CASE, CSCE, IABSE, IStructE, SEABC, and SEAW are co-operating organizations for the 2008 Structures Congress.