Welcome to the International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure 2014
Registration is now open! Register today.
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND
- Learn from and network with industry leaders and sustainable infrastructure practitioners from around the world
- Share latest advances in sustainable infrastructure planning, design, and construction
- Learn new tools and hear the latest research to support sustainable infrastructure
- Learn how to plan infrastructure for climate change and resiliency
- Learn from successful case studies the best examples of sustainable infrastructure
- Understand industry trends and public policy that will lead sustainable development
- Learn about innovative approaches to infrastructure project financing
- Be a contributor to the first comprehensive international conference on infrastructure sustainability and resiliency
An Invitation to Attend
This conference is not about how to be sustainable. If it were, we would tell you not to waste your time. Instead, and more appropriately, this conference is about how to deal with the consequences of non-sustainability, that is, how to plan, design and construct infrastructure for a new and increasingly harsh operating environment. Download the preliminary program to read more.
William A. Wallace, ENV SP, M.ASCE
Honorary Conference Chair
"As the Director of Program Management at the Port of Long Beach, a premier seaport with billions of dollars of infrastructure critical to the economic and physical well-being of the United States, it is vitally important that the facilities we develop be efficient, resilient and sustainable. As critical as the Port is to the continued welfare of the country, we recognize our responsibility to develop, operate and maintain international commerce within our local community and the environment in a sensible, cohesive and integrated way. Committing to sustainable infrastructure development is a key strategy for maintaining our international competitiveness as well as our enivronmental and community stewardship. The International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure will provide a world-stage for us to learn from and collaborate with colleagues and industry leaders who are dedicated to the principles of sustainable infrastructure. I'm looking forward to this conference to enhance my understanding of and my commitment to the principles of sustainable development."
- Doug Sereno, P.E., ENV SP, F.ASCE, Director of Program Management, Port of Long Beach
"As a federal leader, I see every day how owners, operators and practitioners benefit from sustainable engineering and infrastructure and the economic and security benefits they provide to our Nation. ASCE has long been a national leader in sustainable engineering practices, and this forum will build on that leadership position. This International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure offers an outstanding opportunity to learn about the great work in this field and to share first-hand experiences with our colleagues. I am excited about this conference and look forward to learning about how others are addressing the challenges of sustainable development."
- Jim Balocki, P.E., M.ASCE, Chief Executive Officer, US Army Reserve Command
Join us in Long Beach, California, November 6-8, 2014, for professional enrichment and time to explore!
Rachel Kyte, World Bank Group Vice President and Special Envoy for Climate Change
Caitlin A. Durkovich, Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection, National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Joanne Mahoney, Onondaga County Executive, New York
Rusong Wang, RCEES, Chinese Academy of Sciences, State Key Lab on Urban & Regional Ecology
Why should you sponsor?
Don't miss this opportunity to put your products and services in front of thousands of ASCE professionals at the International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure 2014. By advertising in ISCI's print and digital media, you can reach your target audience before, during, and after the Conference.