Attention All Moderators
No laptops will be provided. Please coordinate with the speakers in your session to be sure that everyone who needs it has the use of a laptop for their presentation.
Congratulations and thank you for your acceptance to moderate a session at the EWRI Congress 2012. This is an excellent opportunity for you to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and information with your colleagues.
IN ADVANCE OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Once session assignments have been made by the Technical Chair and his/her team, contact your speakers, emails can be found on the MIRA site, to introduce yourself, confirm their presentation times, and see if they have questions.
- Each author should provide limited biographical information to you so that you can properly introduce them.
- Let each speaker know exactly how much time he/she will have for his/her presentation so that presenters may begin to plan their presentations. (This is based upon the total number of presentations in your session; generally speakers will have 20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions following each presentation for 3-paper sessions.)
- Adhere to the time schedule. Not only must the session begin on time, but also each speaker should start on time.
- Advise the Conference Program Chair of any last minute cancellations or personnel substitutions.
- Double-check the time and location of your session in the Final Conference Program, which you will receive with your registration packet.
- Be at your session room at least 15 minutes in advance of the start of your session.
- Each session room will have an LCD projector, screen, and a microphone. No laptops will be provided, please coordinate with the speakers in your session to be sure that everyone who needs it has
the use of a laptop for their presentation.
- If there is anything amiss with the room or equipment, please contact Conference Staff or the Registration Desk immediately so they can fix the problem.
- Before the session begins, be sure to account for all of your speakers. Instruct speakers to sit in front during the session.
- Make short introductions of your speakers.
- The last five (5) minutes of each presentation should be held for Q & A if time permits. Encourage speakers to repeat any questions before answering.
- Make any closing remarks and then close the session.
Once again, thank you for agreeing to participate in this program!