Scripps Institution of Oceanography Technical Tour
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 (Tentative Schedule)
- Bus Pickup from Sheraton at 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the historic Martin Johnson House on the Scripps campus at 1:30 p.m.
- Total Tour Length: Approximately two (2) hours
- Depart Scripps at 3:30 p.m.
- Return to Sheraton at 4:00 p.m.
Attendees will arrive at the historic Martin Johnson House on the Scripps campus. A short PowerPoint presentation will describe the work of the Coastal Data Information Project (CDIP) and current Scripps research.
The larger group will then split into two smaller groups. One will visit the CDIP labs/offices, and the other group will visit the Scripps Hydraulics Lab. After approximately 45 minutes, the groups will switch and visit the other location.
Experienced researchers will guide the tours, and attendees will be able to ask questions about all aspects of research and exhibits of interest at Scripps.
Registration Fee: $30 Early Bird/Advance; $40 Onsite.