Join the Coasts, Oceans, Ports Rivers Institute (COPRI) in Memphis, Tennessee for its inaugural Congress November 14 - 17. A Decade of Progress, A Future of Opportunities will feature sessions planned by all of COPRI's technical committees, as well as plenary speakers, an awards luncheon, a founder's gala, student and young professional job fair, short courses general membership meeting and an opportunity for committee meetings. The Congress Steering Committee is putting together a program that is intellectually and professionally stimulating as well as FUN.
We begin on Sunday, November 14, with short courses that will cover the following topics:
- Grant Writing
- Navigation Engineering: Challenges for the New Decade
- Key to Project Management Success
- Sediment Management: Solutions for Ports an Waterways
- Solving Ethical Dilemmas
On Monday, November 15 and Tuesday, November 16, the technical sessions will address:
- Can We Stop Planning the Last Disaster?
- Risk, Reliabilities and Safety Factors for Marine Renewable Energy Structures
- So Your House is Behind a Levee?
- New Developments in Coastal Levee Engineering
- Who Regulates "Watt"?
- Life-Cycle Management of Navigation Facilities
- Legal Issues for Engineers
- Water Resources Polices & Authorities Incorporating Sea Level Change Considerations in Civil Works Programs
- Composite Materials in the Marine Environment: Use of Composites in Commercial Ports
- Sediment Management on Riverine Systems
- New Developments in Coastal Engineering Practice
- Climate Adaptation and Sustainability in Ports
- Research Needs in Coastal, Ocean, Port and Navigation Engineering
- Federal Policy Issues
On Tuesday, November 16, we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of COPRI. Join us at the Graceland Mansion as we recognize and honor the founding Governing Board.
Also planned is an awards luncheon, an exhibit hall, a student job fair, Committee Meetings and a tour of the International Port of Memphis and the USACE Ensley Engineer Yard.
See you in Memphis, Tennessee, November 14 - 17, 2010.