ASCE and EWB-USA are marking the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Panama Canal, a remarkable engineering achievement that led ASCE to name the canal one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World in 1994.
Registration for EWB-USA's Credit Course, Design Local, Engineer Global, is currently open. Students and Younger Members take advantage of a truly global classroom today!
Please note: Only registration for EWB-CC is open. Registration for the Global Engineering Conference 2014 is scheduled to open May of 2014.
Top Three Reasons to Attend
- Panama Canal Anniversary - Join ASCE and EWB-USA for your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Panama Canal. To help commemorate this occasion, your full registration will include a basic tour of the Panama Canal.
- Panama is close and easiliy accessible - For an international destination Panama is not that far away. Panamaa City is a 6.5 hour flight from LAX and 5.5 hours from New York. Airlines such as United and Copa offer direct flights from several US cities.
- ASCE & EWB-USA partnership - For the first time, ASCE and EWB-USA are partnering together to provide you with an outstanding program you won't want to miss. Be a part of this momentous occasion!
- Program topics such as Giga projects focusing on construction, financial, political, and engineering aspects
- EWB-USA credit course: earn college credit or CEUs for your professional development
- Tours of the Panama Canal, a 50-mile waterway considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world
- Keynote speaker: Jorge Quijano, CEO of the Panama Canal Authority
- Tour the historical ruins of Panama City. Experience the history of this incredible location.