From Community Projects to Giga Projects:
Civil Engineers having a Global Impact
What better way to study global engineering than with an intimate tour of the Panama Canal, one of the 20th century's construction marvels? Hear from the Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority and celebrate the centennial of this remarkable interoceanic waterway. Examine development projects big and small, focusing on the construction, financial, political and engineering aspects. With our partner, Engineers Without Borders-USA, study sustainable development from a global perspective through the historically rich lens of Panama.
Opening Keynote Speaker
Jorge L. Quijano, Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority, Honorary Conference Chair, the autonomous agency that manages the Panama Canal, the leading interoceanic waterway serving world maritime commerce.
Closing General Session Speaker
We are excited to announce that Grant Imahara, Host on Discovery's "Mythbusters," Former Animatronics Engineer will join us for the Closing General Session Luncheon!
Industry Leaders Forum Keynote Speaker
ASCE is excited to announce that Lieutenant General Thomas P. Bostick, Chief of Engineers and Commanding General, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, will be joining us in Panama as the keynote speaker of the Industry Leaders Forum on Thursday, October 9. He serves as the senior military officer overseeing most of the Nation's civil works infrastructure and military construction. Stay tuned for more information on this one of a kind session.
Top Three Reasons to Attend
- Panama Canal Anniversary - Join ASCE and EWB-USA for your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Panama Canal. To help commemorate this occasion, your full registration will include a basic tour of the Panama Canal.
- Panama is close and easiliy accessible - For an international destination Panama is not that far away. Panama City is a 6.5 hour flight from LAX and 5.5 hours from New York. Airlines such as United and Copa offer direct flights from several US cities.
- ASCE & EWB-USA partnership - For the first time, ASCE and EWB-USA are partnering together to provide you with an outstanding program you won't want to miss. Be a part of this momentous occasion!
- Program topics such as Giga projects focusing on construction, financial, political, and engineering aspects
- EWB-USA credit course: earn college credit or CEUs for your professional development
- Tours of the Panama Canal, a 50-mile waterway considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world
- Keynote speaker: Jorge L. Quijano, Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority, Honorary Conference Chair
- Tour the historical ruins of Panama City. Experience the history of this incredible location.
Registration rates and details are now available.
Ready to join us for this unique event? Register today
- Early Bird registration cut-off: 8/14/14
- Lodging cut off date: 9/4/14
- Advanced registration cut-off: 9/25/14