ASCE and EWB-USA are marking the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Panama Canal, a remarkable engineering achievement that led ASCE to name the canal one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World in 1994.
Our opening Keynote Speaker has been announced! Jorge Quijano, CEO of the Panama Canal Authority, the autonomous agency that manages the Panama Canal, the leading interoceanic waterway serving world maritime commerce. Stay tuned for additional information on this riveting plenary session.
ASCE is excited to announce that Lieutenant General Thomas P. Bostick, Chief of Engineers and Commanding General, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, will be joining us in Panama as the keynote speaker of the Industry Leaders Forum on Thursday, October 9. He serves as the senior military officer overseeing most of the Nation's civil works infrastructure and military construction. Stay tuned for more information on this one of a kind session.
Registration for ASCE & EWB-USA's Global Leadership Program: Design Local, Engineer Global, is currently open. Students and Younger Members take advantage of a truly global classroom today!
Please note: Only registration for EWB-CC is open. Registration for the Global Engineering Conference 2014 is scheduled to open May of 2014.
Top Three Reasons to Attend
- Panama Canal Anniversary - Join ASCE and EWB-USA for your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Panama Canal. To help commemorate this occasion, your full registration will include a basic tour of the Panama Canal.
- Panama is close and easiliy accessible - For an international destination Panama is not that far away. Panama City is a 6.5 hour flight from LAX and 5.5 hours from New York. Airlines such as United and Copa offer direct flights from several US cities.
- ASCE & EWB-USA partnership - For the first time, ASCE and EWB-USA are partnering together to provide you with an outstanding program you won't want to miss. Be a part of this momentous occasion!
- Program topics such as Giga projects focusing on construction, financial, political, and engineering aspects
- EWB-USA credit course: earn college credit or CEUs for your professional development
- Tours of the Panama Canal, a 50-mile waterway considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world
- Keynote speaker: Jorge Quijano, CEO of the Panama Canal Authority
- Tour the historical ruins of Panama City. Experience the history of this incredible location.